Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Creating swirls in Inkscape

Since I bought 8.ta's prepaid 120GIG data promo, I now have bandwidth up to the wazoo to play with.

While looking for Inkscape tutorials I finally found a great one on how to do swirls.  I've tried making my own using the Bezier Tool and drawing with multiple nodes but this was time consuming and beyond irritating.  I always ended up with a sharp point somewhere along the line.

The following tutorial shows you different and very easy ways to create and edit swirls.
http://verysimpledesigns.com/vectors/inkscape-tutorial-spiro-swirls.html

Very useful for Stock photographers who want to create a unique design using swirls.  Also, using this technique means you create a design that looks like a swirls instead of a shape gone wrong.  You can also add shapes and split the swirls.

No comments:

Post a Comment