Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 6, 2012

Unlocking Photoshop Elements 9 functions

Yes I know, what about PSE10?  There is also a patch for this but as I'm working with PSE9 that's what I'm focusing on.

I did plenty of searching for various functions so that I could create a false IR Photo since PSE9 didn't have Channel Mixer.  In fact PSE9 doesn't have a lot of things but it doesn't mean you can't access those functions.  The functions are there, just hidden.  Obviously Adobe doesn't want us to play on a budget.

My search resulted in purchasing a patch that brought the functions out of hiding.  I was skeptical and really didn't want to pay for the functions but I guess $12 is relatively cheap considering how many functions would become available.

Bought, loaded and YES, there is my Channel Mixer.  You need to follow the instructions first on how to find it and when your PSE9 loads have patience as the cache needs to be re-written, so don't do ANYTHING until that is completed.  I'm also happy to say I can now group layers, which I couldn't do before, and that is one of the essential tools for me.

Here's the link if anyone is interested.
http://elementsplus.net/

Also, read through the documentation, there is quite a bit to read but it will make your life easier.

NOTE: you should have the option of whether or not you want to pay an extra fee to make the download available for 24 months.  I didn't opt for this so my download was available only for a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment