Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

A year, a year and I am still here

A year has gone by since I've posted.  But I haven't had much further to post regarding the Samsung NX300.

Now, I absolutely love my NX300 and wish I could get my hands on a 60mm macro.  I have the 30mm and the 18-55mm, both of which are very good.  I rely more now on the 30mm because for stock photos the 18-55mm is limited.

So the reason I'm posting is because I wanted to share a photo I took recently.  With camera sales seeing a decline across the numerous manufacturers, people seem to be leaning towards smartphones more than DSLRs.  The price for any smartphone that could get remotely close is a little too high for me to consider giving up DSLRs.

Anywho, back to the photo.  It's a simple photo of a Marigold found in the garden.  The petals of the Marigold caught the last rays of the setting Sun.  Other than some darkening of the edges and sharpening everything else was caught in camera on the Samsung NX300 and 30mm.

I am going to show you a cropped version of my original (which can be found on my Etsy Shop) that hasn't had any processing done.


f2, 1/500, ISO 200, no flash

I used Manual and underexposed slightly to enhance the lit area of the flower.  The settings above will be different for your lighting so use as more of a guideline.  

I feel Samsung had a good thing going with their cameras and would have loved to see them stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment